Terms & Conditions
The legal stuff
Terms and Conditions for online shopping on www.gumigem.co.uk
Thank you for visiting Gumigem the site. Please use this section for information about the terms and conditions that govern your use of the site. If you have any further questions, please contact or write to:
Jenny & Stuart McLaughlan (Directors)
Backmuir of Liff
Contract For Sale
These are the terms and conditions of our agreement which apply to all purchases of products by you from www.gumigem.co.uk and you should read them carefully. We may vary these terms from time to time and therefore you should check them before you make a new purchase.
- Order: You can submit an order for products to completing the details required on the order summary page and clicking the order button. All prices are reflected in £UK Sterling and include VAT where applicable, providing delivery is to a location in the UK. Orders outside of the United Kingdom may be subject to an additional charge. Goods supplied are not for resale. We are under no obligation to accept your order, but would normally do so where the product is available, the order reflects current pricing and your credit card/debit card or PayPal payment is approved by PayPal or your credit card/debit card company.
- The display of any product on our website is in no way an offer by us to sell to you. It is your response that is the offer. Accordingly, we are not liable to sell you any product that might be quoted at a price lower than that meant by us.
- Acceptance of order: We will notify you of our acceptance of your offer to purchase by email shortly after we receive it and at that point a binding agreement between us will be in place on these terms and conditions*. If we do not accept your order for any reason we will email you to advise you of the change.
- *but subject to our right to withdraw such acceptance where your offer relates to goods that have been priced below that which we intended and/or where discounts have been applied or used in error.
- Delivery: We make every effort to deliver all products within the United Kingdom within seven working days of acceptance of your order. Where this is not possible, we or our couriers will notify you and, unless we state otherwise, ensure that your products are delivered within 30 days from acceptance. This may not apply in respect of deliveries outside of the UK. All deliveries will be made to you at the address specified by you in the order. We may, at our discretion and expense, deliver parts of your order separately. Ownership of the products shall pass to you once we have received payment in full.
- Payment: Delivery will charged at check out and you can select your preferred delivery option. We take every reasonable care to ensure that your order and subsequent transactions are conducted via a secure link. As we are not responsible for the operation of the secure link we will not, unless we are negligent, be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any information you provide via such link. If products are not available for any reason after we have accepted your order, we will let you know. We will not charge you for these products and will refund any amounts already paid (if any) by way of a credit to your credit card/ debit card or PayPal account.
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013: This legislation gives you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You have the right to cancel any order that you make with us online or over the phone within 14 days without any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire or, if the order is a gift to be delivered to a third party, the day on which the third party specified by you in the order acquires, physical possession of the goods that you have ordered (the ‘Cancellation Deadline’);
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your order by sending a clear statement either by e-mail to our Customer Care Team at firstname.lastname@example.org; or in writing to Customer Care Centre, Gemious Ltd, Dumbie Dykes, Backmuir of Liff, By Birkhill, Dundee, DD2 5QR; or by completing the Contact Us form which can be found under the 'contact us' link on all pages of our website;
- To meet the Cancellation Deadline, you must send us your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the Cancellation Deadline has expired;
Effect of Cancellation
If you cancel an order, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you in respect of that order including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied; or
- (if earlier), 14 days after the day you provide evidence to us that you have returned the goods; or
- If there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel the order.
- If you wish to exercise your right to cancel, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them until they are returned;
- You must send the goods back to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you notify us of the cancellation of your order. You are responsible for the costs of returning the goods.
We may make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss of value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (i.e. in excess of what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods).
Refunds and Exchanges:
Please note that in addition to your general right to cancel set out above, we operate an Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy. You should read this policy as it gives you extra benefits. This Policy may be found under Delivery and returns at the bottom of the website.
The advertising of products on the site is the way in which we are able to display all the items available to buy through the site. We aim to keep all products in stock, however due to the nature of this business it is inevitable that we may suffer on occasion from being out of stock on some items due to supply chain issues and demand. When items become out of stock, this will be clearly marked on the site. On the rare occasion you have taken a product to check out which is no longer in stock, we will email you to inform you of this and give you three options:
To wait for the item to become available and process the order at that time (timelines will be given).
To choose an alternative product that is in stock and priced the same as your order for immediate dispatch.
Cancel your order and we will issue a full refund.
Any contracts or agreements formed between yourself and Gemious Ltd through this website shall be governed and construed according to UK law and any disputes or proceedings shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts.
Each product is carefully made to ensure they meet the required standards. Please be aware that whilst we take great care to accurately describe the products shown on our website, the mixing process of the colours is random and as such their composition and colour may vary slightly from that shown, meaning each product is unique.
We will do everything possible to ensure that you can be confident of making a secure, risk-free purchase from us, but In the unlikely event that you are unhappy in any way with our service or products, please contact us immediately and we will attempt to put things right or arrange for a return.
Making a Purchase
When you make a purchase from gumigem.co.uk -
You will receive electronic notification of dispatch usually within 1-2 working days of your order being processed.
Quality - All our products are manufactured to a very high standard. Items cannot be compared to similar products found elsewhere.
Confidence - Secure online payment system via PayPal, Amazon or Realex merchant gateway.
Peace of Mind - A no quibble returns policy
All rights, including copyright, in the content of these web pages are owned or controlled for these purposes by Gemious Ltd.
You are not permitted to copy, download, store (in any medium), adapt or change in any way the content or images contained within the web pages of gumigem.co.uk for any reason whatsoever without the prior written permission from Gemious Ltd.
The ® sign means Gumigem is a registered trademark, as such anyone attempting to sell or pass off under this brand name whether intentionally or otherwise will be subject to legal proceedings being issued against them.
All designs are protected by design rights and copying or imitation of designs will not be tolerated and acted upon swiftly by the appropriate legal channel.
Terms & conditions of competition
In deciding the winner for a competition Gemious Limited's decision is final. Prizes will be delivered up to four weeks after the competition has closed. By entering a competition online, you accept the terms and conditions outlined here and within the community guidelines.